Doi-Uematsu Intravitreal Injection Guide 9-544-2
• 0.5mm needle guide hole, suitable for 27 gauge needle or smaller
• 12mm diameter ring with ‘snow-tyre pattern’ fixation
• 8.4mm break in ring
• Suitable for right handed surgeon
• Held in the non-dominant hand (left)
• Round handle, length 98mm
The Intravitreal Injection Guide facilitates intravitreal injection procedure, stabilising the eye and needle, whilst accurately positioning the needle to inject drugs into the vitreous cavity. The unique ‘snow-tyre pattern’, rather than sharp points for fixation, gives firmer more positive control of globe with less discomfort to the patient. The injection needle can be directed accurately without damage to the lens or the retina and eliminates measurement of the distance to pars plana. The break in the fixation ring enables an anterior chamber tap, if required, in order to avoid intraocular pressure spikes.