Icare® Pro and Docking Station
R E V O L U T I O N A R Y, E A S Y R O U T I N E
The easy-to-use Icare® tonometers revolutionize effective, early glaucoma detection and control by making the IOP measuring routine quick, effortless, effective and patient-friendly
F E AT U R E S S P E C I F I C A L LY D E V E L O P E D F O R H I G H A C C U R A C Y C L I N I C A L U S E
- Rebound technology does not require calibration
- A built in inclination sensor allows downward measuring of supine patient
- Enhanced measuring algorithm with increased number of measurement parameters
- History data memory of thousands of measurement results
- A color display to make each reading clear and easy to perceive
- New, refined probe for more cost effective in large volumes
- Charging docking station with USB connection
- Free access to Icare® LINK software
U N I Q U E T E C H N O L O G Y E N A B L E S S A F E , PA I N L E S S A N D H Y G I E N I C P R O C E D U R E
Icare® tonometers are developed based on a rebound measuring principle, in which a very light-weight probe is used to make momentary contact with the cornea. In rebound technology, the motion parameters of the probe are recorded during the measurement. Induction based coil system is used for measuring the motion of the probe. Advanced algorithm combined with state of the art software analyzes the probe deceleration, contact time and other parameters of the probe while it touches the cornea. The deceleration and other rebound parameters of the probe change as a function of IOP. In simple terms, the higher the IOP, the faster the probe decelerates and the shorter the contact time.
The measurement is barely noticed by the patient. Anaesthesia or inconvenient air impulse is not needed at all.